The ETA Certified Payments Professional (CPP) test was first administered in November 2011. I took the first test offered at 8am that day and have been certified ever since. I find the biggest problem this industry faces in the lack of knowledge and integrity of many of the sales reps out there. We desperately needed some type of standard test to separate the committed, professional reps from everyone else.
The CPP certification is very important because it shows that you are committed and fully understand how this industry works.
I’m 1 of only 5 CPP’s located in San Diego County!
What is an ETA CPP?
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the premiere trade association for the payments processing industry, created the ETA CPP certification program to recognize professionals in the industry who demonstrate a thorough knowledge of their profession as well as a commitment to professionalism and personal integrity. Every person who earns the CPP designation has:
- • A minimum of one to three years’ experience in the payments industry.
- • Been recommended by a supervisor or manager from a company in the payments industry.
- • Completed and passed a rigorous examination developed by industry experts and conducted by an independent testing form that is not affiliated with any entity in the payments industry.
- • Agreed to abide by the Electronic Transaction Association’s Code of Conduct.
- • Agreed to pursue continuing education credits as a requirement of recertification every three years.
ETA provides a searchable registry of ETA CPPs at www.electran.org/cpp/registry/ (my first name is John)
Why should I do business with an ETA CPP?
By obtaining your payments processing solution from an ETA CPP, you can be sure that your representative is knowledgeable about the products and services he recommends and has expertise to recommend the best and most appropriate solution for your business.
The CPP Exam covers in great detail the following subjects:
- 1) SALES
- 2) PRICING & INTERCHANGE
- 3) PROCESS /OPERATIONS / WORKFLOW
- 4) PRODUCTS /SOLUTIONS
- 5) RISK
- 6) REGULATORY / COMPLAINCE / SECURITY